Wednesday 27 January 2010

Bad blogger!


I have been a very bad blogger of late!  I have been quite busy doing a few other bits and pieces and the blog seems to have taken a back seat at the moment.  I haven't even done much sewing lately, so haven't felt that I have had anything to blog about! I have been doing something creative that has been taking up lots of time, but it's not anything to talk about yet, just something I am enjoying doing that I might blog about in the future, you never know!


Anyway, back to the here and now! I did finally sit down at the kitchen table and think of some things I could do for Valentines day to try and sell in the little shop I sometimes work at Taking the Plunge in Whitstable.  I haven't taken these in yet, but I thought these little felt fabric envelopes would be good for sweets, jewellery or vouchers.  They are based on the tooth fairy envelopes that I do, but I used felt for speed.  I hope they go down well, I am trying to keep costs down so they won't be too much in the shop. I might add some  to my Folksy shop too, as I haven't added anything in there for ages - another thing that is feeling a bit neglected!

I also made this cushion cover from some seasidey fabric I had.  I used to sell lots of cushions in the shops but I have ran out of pads, I normally get them from IKEA so I am waiting for someone I know to go and get me some, so that I can make some more!!!


And these little make-up bags in different fabrics. I am hoping to make more of these if they sell. I made some for Christmas presents and they went down well.

This Habitat areoplane fabric I found in a charity shop! It had been used as curtains I think.

This ticking is my favourite fabric, I am hoping to cover a chair in our lounge in it - but at £14 a metre, I am scared I will make a mistake and muck it up! EEk! I am used to bargain or re-used fabrics most of the time |(like the vintage floral sheeting used inside £1.50 for a double sheet!) so it seems so indulgent to me to spend that much on just 1 metre!  I will have to make one cover in some old fabric to try and get the pattern right - but more on that another time I am sure!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simply H I do love your new designs. I hope they sell well. Sorry, not planning on going to Ikea yet!!! M

meplusmolly said...

Hello lovely! I'd definitely be interested in getting the details for the artisan fair. Are you having a stall there then? ;0 x