Wednesday 12 May 2010

Adding some colour















The walls in our lounge have been blank since we decorated about 2 years ago. Just plain old white, with a mirror on one wall.  Much as I love these smooth,white walls, I have been longing for some sort of artwork up there.  I have some nice photos to put up eventually but with regards to artwork, me and L just don't seem to agree on anything. Plus when money is tight, it seems outrageous to spend money on something like a picture.

But eek...we both saw this Whitstable Oyster picture in a shop in town and HAD to have it. We both loved it! It was cheaper than we expected, but way out of our price range!  Luckily I sold a quilt to a friend and some bits in Taking the Plunge - so had some money to put towards it. Although the money should probably have gone on something more worthwhile - you know what, we love it so much that is was money well spent as I LOVE looking at it on the wall. It makes me smile. Sometimes you just have to treat yourself, don't you! (it's not original by the way, it is painted by a local artist onto wood - copied from an old postcard!)

I have been busy making lately. Some of the bits I have in Taking the Plunge include these new cushions.

I have already sold the little Union Jack one.  I have also had quite a few orders via friends for bags, dolls and another baby quilt - which I will show and tell another time.  I will leave you with a gorgeous embroidered table cloth that I got in one of the charity shops in town the other week.  I just love it, I can't wait to use it on the table at the next craft fair I do and am going to be on the look out for more as I think they would make lovely cushion covers - although I think they would have to be ones with marks as I am not sure I would have the heart to chop them up!!

Ps Yes I know I am not being very topical today and commenting on the fact that the UK has a new Prime Minister, David Cameron - I just can't really be bothered to go into it! Let's see what this lot get up to shall we!

No comments: