Tuesday, 25 May 2010

Binding

I had another commission from my lovely friend Laura for a baby quilt - this one was for a 1st birthday present , so I made it a little bigger than the pram quilts that I normally make.  I changed from using the pillowcase method and decided to make the backing bigger so that I could use it as a binding on the front. It was really satisfying to do and made the quilt look much more finished.
Laura was really pleased with it, she especially loved the vintage duvet cover I had used for the backing! I love that fabric, I still have quite a bit left thankfully. I was quite pleased with it too. I am hopefully going to try and make some more as it would be good to have them for my Folksy shop (sorry, poor neglected shop - I think a sale is due soon and lots of new things!).


I also had a commission for doll with a crown for a birthday - hopefully they liked her.

I got some new labels a few weeks ago (as seen in my new blog header), which was very exciting - my last ones had pink text, but I decided to go a bit more simple and use grey. A bit more simple to go with 'Simply' H. Next on the list is a new logo....err if I ever get round to it, I have been meaning to do that for a couple of years now!

2 comments:

meplusmolly said...

All looking lovely you! ;0 x

Vicki said...

Excellent as ever! Also loving the new labels, very swish x