Sunday 6 June 2010

Cakes, makes and bits and bobs

It's been a while since I last posted, so this post is going to be a little catch up!
First we had a the christening of our lovely neighbours little sweet pea. Her mum Vicki is a very clever lady and made her christening cake herself - she came to our house to ice it and ended up with a little helper, our little D who LOVED helping Vicki cut out butterflies and covering them with edible glitter.














Thank you Vicki for letting her help and for also giving her a mention at the christening! Here is the finished cake and the maker and her helper!














Talking of Vicki, please take a look at her blog where you will find details of a coffee morning she is organising in Whitstable this coming Saturday 12th June. She has organised it to raise money for Cancer Research and The Pilgrims Hospice, so if you are local or nearly local and fancy coming into Whitstable for the day, do pop into St Alphege Church on the High Street to support her. If you fancy leaving a link on your blog too, I am sure she would be grateful!















Now for one of my favourite subjects - fabric. I took delivery this week of a parcel from one of our relatives who lives in Germany. They have just brought a new house there and it seems the old resident loved sewing as in the loft they found all sorts of needles and fabric. I think lots of it had got damp, but I was sent lots of the best bits, which are quite small, remnants and samples, but perfect for making my baby patchwork quilts.

I loved this one! I have already cut lots of squares out ready to be made into something else.  I do like to use vintage and second hand fabrics for my little quilts. They add a little history and life to them I think!

I have managed to fit in a bit of making over the last few weeks  - a few cushions, but I need to make more as I have sold all of the ones I took to Taking the Plunge, hurrah! I also had an order for this beach hut bag from a friend (I know you read my blog sometimes S, so hello!!), modelled by that same little helper again!
Although the weather was a bit up and down this week during half-term, we managed to pick a good day to go to Druidstone with Nanny. It's a nice very little animal park just up the road, good for a wander round for a couple of hours. We also had a little picnic at the  Tower Hill Tea Gardens, which was lovely.

If you are ever in Whitstable and fancy it is worth a visit. There are fantastic view over the Estuary, beautiful gardens and a little cafe (ok, more like hut!) where you can get a cuppa or an ice-cream.  Just walk along the beach towards Tankerton, go past the Hotel Continental and the public loos and up the steps at the side and there at the top you will find them!
Phew! this ended up being a long and bitty post. I am sure I have bored anyone reading to tears by now, so I think it is time to go and make sure I have everything ready for the hectic school run in the morning!

1 comment:

jennyflowerblue said...

Wow a whole bunch of yummy! Fabric, cake, edible children...Well done on the sales. xxx