Monday 21 June 2010

Run, run as fast as you can...















If you had asked me a year ago if I would ever get up at 7am on a sunday to go for a run I would have said NEVER in a million, trillion years! I am naturally a night owl, I can easily stay up reading till midnight and am a groggy mess in the mornings.
But fast forward one year and that is exactly what I am doing. On Sundays and a couple of days in the week I am up at 6am and out running along the beach.
Joining me in this madness is my lovely best pal Vicki and her crazy dog Megan.
Luckily they live next door, so we don't have far to meet before we head off.
The craziest thing about this early morning running is... I  love it.
I love being on the deserted beach so early in the morning, just the occasional dog walker passing you by (and the strange man with his metal detector who is always there, no matter what time our run is!).
I love being up when most people are still tucked up in bed.
I love the company, we still manage to chat even when we are gasping for breath.
I love the feeling that I have achieved something good for the day, before it has even properly started.
I love our sleepy children waving at us from the windows to welcome us back.
I love the idea of getting a bit fitter.
I love that it's free!
I can't recommend it enough (as you can probably gather), although I do keep thinking 'Why didn't I do this years ago?'

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I love a deserted beach but I don't think I have ever been on one at 7am!