Thursday 14 October 2010

Healthy-ish Banana Muffins

Thanks for the comments on the Autumn skirt. I think it might get it's first outing this weekend for my Nan's 90th birthday party!
I apologies for not keeping to my vow of making my blog more crafty again but I thought I would share with you this brilliant banana choc chip muffin recipie. They are delicious and virtually fat and sugar free too so healthy-ish!!


Ingredients
200g (7 oz) self-raising flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 eggs
5 tablespoons sunflower oil
5 tablespoons full-fat milk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 ripe bananas  (about 325g unpeeled weight)
chocolate chips (as many as you want, I use about a third of a 100g pack)



Preheat your oven to 200c (400f) and line a 12 hole muffin or cake tin with paper cases.
Sift the flour and baking powder together into a mixing bowl. Beat the egss, oil, milk and vanilla essence together in a separate bowl.
Mash the bananas on a plate using a fork, then add to flour with the egg mixture and fork the ingredients together briefly until only just mixed. Stir in the chocolate drops.



Spoon the mixture into the paper cases and bake in the oven for 15 minutes until well risen.
And that is it! They are so quick and easy to make and a great way to use up those horrible brown bananas that you will end up chucking out!
Right enough with the baking, sewing next time, I swear!


No comments: