Tuesday 5 October 2010

Wet and windy Whitstable = a bit of sewing!

It has been a little while since I last blogged.

I'd kind of lost my sewing and my blogging mojo but I am feeling a bit more creative of late.
I think it has lots to do with the wet and windy weather we have been experiencing in our little corner of Kent. When it's awful outside, there is nothing like whirring away at the sewing machine and creating!
I've also been to IKEA for the first time in ages and ages. I could have spent hours just at the fabric section but my budget was tiny so I just decided to buy one metre (at only £1.99 a metre!) of this lovely fabric.


I am not sure what I am going to make yet. Mabye some more cushions (hell, I have so many cushion pads - they were the main aim for going to IKEA in the first place! They look as if they are breeding in our bedroom!) and I think it would look fab as a little skirt for D this Autumn, with black tights and boots? Hmmmm...
Back to cushions, I have made quite a few! These first 3 are in Taking the Plunge at the moment.

 
A Union Jack one...


A big cosy house one...
And a cosy knitted one, recycled from a cardigan!

I've also added this pear cushion and two Liberty print ones to my Folksy shop.














I think maybe I will make something other than cushion covers next! I think I'd better start measuring my little lady for that skirt tomorrow....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the cushions, especially the knitted one well done!! Mum

Anonymous said...

Lovely cushions, I seem to be struggling to make much lately too! Hannah x

Anonymous said...

Why did I not see that knitted cushion?! I'd like that! xx