Sunday 28 November 2010

Another sneaky peek...

 






Thanks for the kind comments re my first attempts at freehand embroidery. I have to confess I haven't put the darning needle on again since that attempt, as I realised I really needed to get my arse in gear and make some bits for my stall at the Christmas Market at the Horsebridge on Saturday 4th December.


I've been a busy bee - I always work much better under pressue! I have managed to finish a girlie pram quilt and a few other bits, but I still have lots of half finished mermaids...

...and want to make some more of these little house keyrings...

...err and I'd better get organised in sewing and stuffing these heart decorations...

I have managed to finish a couple more cushions though...

On a lovely Christmassy note, Whitstable had a few flakes of snow today. Not of the settling kind, but snow none the less, which felt very Christmassy! Shame I was at work, but hey!
Oh and talking of work - the little shop where I help out on a Sunday has just launched a fantastic new website. It really is something special, just like the shop is in the flesh! So do take a look as it means if you are not a Whitstable local or a visitor, you can capture a little bit of Taking the Plunge magic via the website and get some extra special and very unique Christmas gifts to boot as well! (you might spot some of my mermaid dolls in the handmade section).


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've got a good plug on Taking The Plunge website and what a great one it is. I do hope they do well. Have a great day Saturday 4th at the Horsebridge
Mum

Anonymous said...

Hello - dont think I've forgotten you! Im just about to do a shameless horsebridge plug on facebook. If I feel up to it I'll be there, be sad to miss it xx