Saturday 5 March 2011

Embroidered linens

I found some lovely treasure at a charity shop in town this week that I thought I would share with you.
You know what it's like when you spot a tiny piece of something pretty and embroidered, poking out amongst a box of not so pretty fabrics. Well this is what happened, and kept happening as I kept finding these lovely embroidered linens in just one shop.




I love the blue of these napkins (I only brought 4 but there were more there!).



I am not sure exactly what I am going to do with this. It is so beautiful and delicate I think it would look lovely as a framed artwork with some free motion writing and applique in the middle.




Too pretty to use as a napkin!
These pink flowers are so pretty. Someone put so much effort into this, which is on a pillowcase. I think I will
turn this into a cushion.
A very creased tablecloth with some very Spanish embroidered images.

I hate to say it, but this one might be chopped up and turned into cushions!
And all this treasure.....£4 for the lot. Ohh I love a good bargain!

No comments: