Saturday 16 April 2011

The Imperial War Museum



We've had a week of train journeys this week. I took the kids on the train to my parents for the week to keep them occupied for a few days and to spend time with their grandparents, aunty, uncle and the all important cousins who they LOVE spending time with.




Tuesday we all caught the train to London and went to the Imperial War Museum. I had only been there once, with work a few years ago for an event we held there so I hadn't had much of a chance to look round then.  It was a brilliant day out and free too which is always a bonus!


There was loads to see and do and the kids really enjoyed themselves. My favourite part was the 1940's house, I love the gorgeous fabric used for the kitchen windows!



And these beautiful embroidered items made by Wartime evacuees.




Lovely old fashioned packaging.





















From the museum we caught the tube to Covent Garden where we watched a bit of street entertainment.




Then headed over to Chinatown for some asian cooking essentials for my sister who cooks amazing Thai food (she lived over there for 10 years, so was in spicy food heaven stocking up in the New Loon Supermarket!).




















It feels very strange to me going to London now - I feel such a tourist despite living and working there for many years! Since moving to live by the sea I rarely head up to London, so it was a real treat to have a day out and enjoy all the sights!

No comments: