Saturday 6 June 2009

Another weekend sewing summer blouse!

Not being totally happy with the first one I made, I decided to make another summer blouse from the fantastic Heather Ross book Weekend Sewing.

Please excuse the crumpled, just-got-out-of-bed look! I fear it still looks a bit like pj's, but I loved this fabric, and have actually worn this one out and about - I didn't care if anyone thought I had just rolled out of bed!

I made a few adjustments to this one to suit me - I added 4 inches to the length, shorterned the placket and used the same fabric rather than a contrasting one. I also used the small pattern (which still came up quite big so I took it in a wee bit more).
I was much more pleased with this one! The hardest thing with this pattern is finding the right fabric! I am sure I will make another one, but I might have a go at something else in the book if I am brave enough!
Before that I need to get back to the sewing machine and make a bit more stock as I am going to be taking part in Jenny Flower's Makey 'do' in Sandwich on Saturday 11th July, which I am really looking forward to. More of that another time - I had best get busy sewing!

8 comments:

kristina said...

I love the new blouse! And so pleased to have the tips, as I think I'd probably want to do the same re length and width. K x

Paige said...

Hi there, just wanted to say that I love your blouse! I just finished my first Summer Blouse, and am all set for #2. Like you, I'll be making some adjustments also...

jennyflowerblue said...

Lovely top, I like the crumpled look myself! I wonder what it would be like in a solid colour with some braid/ric-rac edging?

Ali said...

You're right - finding the right fabric is tough. Of course, Liberty Lawn would be perfect, but the expense is too horrifying to contemplate.
Love yours.

Unknown said...

Hi there, i've just found your lovely blog and am cross to see i missed the Whitstable Craft Fair. I am interested in taking part in the December one, could you give me the info i need to join in. Thanks very much, S

meplusmolly said...

I'm all for the crumpled look!! ;0
Oooo how fab you're taking part in the makey do, yay!
I'm still yet to brave making any item of clothing, it's on my list of things I'd like to do! ;0 x

Simply H said...

Thanks for all your comments - the blouse has survived it's first ever wash, so my first proper piece of clothing hasn't fallen apart! Hurrah!

Sandra - I can't find anyway to contact you except through here, if you email me helenking_uk@yahoo.co.uk I can let you know info about the December fair.
Thanks x

Kaylovesvintage said...

I love the blouse, looks great