Thursday 26 August 2010

A little bit of making

Well I think that's it. For the UK at least it seems summer is over.
Much as I love Autumn, it does seem to have crept in a little early for my liking. I am keeping my fingers crossed for a sunny September though...

We are all set for school, which starts again next Thursday for one little person in our house. The uniforms are brought, everything has been labelled, new shoes and lunch boxes purchased so we are just about ready...begrudgingly though. I am not looking forward to those early mornings again.

My littlest, D, doesn't start in Reception until the 20th September, so still a few weeks of holidays for her - which means we can help F settle into life in his new Junior school.

Talking of F - I forgot to post a pic of the quilt and cushion I made for his 7th birthday on the 1st August.















Sorry it's not the best picture! It is made of quite big squares and backed in the same fabric as the binding.  I always feel so guilty with the kids, making things for presents, shops etc - that I never end up making things for them.  I made D a quilt for when she went into her bed, from her cot but I had never made one for F, so I thought it was about time.  He's a 7 year old boy so his reaction wasn't WOW a quilt, just what I always wanted!!! But he seemed pleased and a few days later when I was tucking him into bed he told me that he loved it because I made it.  That was good enough for me!

I've also made a couple of make-up bags. 

All bunting inspired as you can see!  They are in my Folksy shop at the moment, and I am in the middle of making some for Taking the Plunge in Whistable too.  More mermaids being made at the moment too!

Before I finish this post, I must say Happy 7th Birthday to my lovely neice Kyra whose birthday is today xx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great Quilt, which reminds me I must finish mine...! Kx