Tuesday 27 September 2011

A ticking chair cover

Yes I finally bloody did it!

After sitting looking at THE chair for weeks now wondering how the hell I made a new cover for it, I finally laid out the fabric and plonked the current cover on it and just drew round it!




I used the ticking for the front and a beige linen fabric for the back with ticking inserts to hold it in place (and yes it did take me a while to work out what way round they had to be sewn to flip over the back of the chair!).


I then sewed it all the way round, leaving a gap in which  I inserted the old padded cover and then sewed the gap up by hand.


It is really, VERY far from perfect, but it only took about an hour (I'm sure someone far cleverer than me could have tackled it in 15 minutes!!) and all in all I am pretty pleased with how it looks.

The poor old sewing machine has been working hard lately. I've been busy trying to make lots of new stock for my Folksy shop. I am also thinking of opening an Etsy shop so have quite a few makes on the go, and to give you a  little sneak peak they include...


needlecases
(using a mix of possibly all my favourite things! ticking, gingham, bakers twine AND free motion embroidery!!)


pin cushions



coasters



and bags.....

Phew, I just need to clear some more of the sale stock that is in there at the moment before this lot goes in there on the 1st October! So please spread the Sale word and I'd love to hear what anyone else has been making lately?


No comments: