Wednesday 21 September 2011

Scar update and neighbourly gifts

I was rubbing Bio-oil into F's scar the other day (which we have been doing religiously everyday after bath time) and I realised how amazingly brilliant his scar looks now - especially compared to how horrific it all looked back in June when he had the horrible accident.
I thought it was time for a little scar update!



The Bio-Oil has definitely made the scar tissue smoother and less raised and considering it only happened 3 months ago, we think it is healing really well. I still feel a bit sick looking back at the pictures with the stitches (Little Stitches post). Fingers crossed we don't have to go through that again!


From scars to fruit!  We are hugely lucky that my In-Laws have an apple and pear tree in their garden  - look at the huge bags of apples and pears they brought round the other day - the second lot we have had! They are so delicous and have kept us in fruit for the last few weeks. Any good recipies anyone can suggest?




It has been a week of gifts from gardens as our neighbours gifted me this huge sack full of lavender! Last year I caught them just as they were cutting back their huge lavender sack and although they thought I was a bit bonkers when I asked if I could have it all, they happily obliged and this year I didn't need to ask - they left this bag on the doorstep!


Thank you kind neighbours and sorry husband as I am going to stink the shed out now as that is where it is going to be hung up and dried - ready for some new lavender makes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Helen, it does look like it's healed really well, good job with the bio oil. I'm sure it will fade over time and be barely noticable at all. Looking forward to seeing your new makes and what you do with all that lovely lavender. Hannah x

Simply H said...

Thanks Hannah, x