Saturday 1 January 2011

Shiny, fresh and new















That is what 2011 feels like to me right now; a shiny new book waiting to be read. The corners of the pages are not yet folded over, the spine is smooth and uncreased and what is going to happen next is anyones guess, the pages are yet to be written.

2010 was a year of change, excitement, trepidation and taking risks in our house. I don't know what 2011 has in store for us but I love the hopeful, positive feeling that a new year brings - enough to make you believe that anything is possible and that everything happens for a reason.

I say aim for the sky, hope that your dreams come true and try your hardest in whatever you do.















We took a little walk in some local woods to welcome in the new year.
It was a bit damp and very muddy but lovely all the same and the perfect way to welcome 2011.  (Although take note from my husband and don't try climbing the same trees that held your weight when you were 13 as he discovered that sadly they don't hold your weight when you are 33!).

I hope that your new year has started well and I would like to say thanks to all the lovely people who followed and left comments over the last year. I hope 2011 is a happy, healthy one for you all.

I will leave you with a quote - I have not idea where I jotted it down from, who wrote it or even if I have posted it before? But I like it and hope you do to :)

Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets,
So, love the people who treat you right and forget about the ones who didn't,
And believe that everything happens for a reason...
If you get a chance - take it;
If it changes your life - let it;
Nobody said it would be easy...
They just promised it would be worth it.

2 comments:

jennyflowerblue said...

Have a good one Helen, and thanks for the advice about the trees! xx

Susan Wallman said...

lovely post Helen!